Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings are high temperature, fast drying formulations based on silicone resins and thermally stable pigments. They are formulated specifically to protect automotive parts and other metal surfaces operating at temperatures up to 1200°F (648°C). Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings provide outstanding adhesion, film integrity, color stability and thermal shock resistance throughout this entire temperature range.
Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings are available in a wide range of standard and custom colors (see Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series color card).
- Engines, manifolds, mufflers
- Furnaces and heaters
- Free-standing fireplaces and fireplace inserts
- Fireplace hoods, screens, and accessories
- Stoves (wood, coal, pellet, gas, etc.)
- Stove pipe
- Withstands intense heat to 1200°F (648°C)
- Will not peel, flake or chalk
- Won’t bleach or discolor
- Withstands repeated thermal cycling
- Dries for handling in 15 minutes
- Available in 12 oz. aerosol cans for touch-up
- Resistant to scratching and marring
Not Recommended For
- Immersion service
- Direct contact with flame
- Cooking surfaces
1. To ensure optimum long term coating system performance, surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dirt, oil grease, salts, welding flux, oxides, old paint or other foreign matter.
2. Prepare surface by power washing, vapor degreasing, solvent cleaning or other chemical and mechanical methods.
3. Surface cleaning methods recommended will depend upon type of foreign matter to be removed and condition of substrate. Consult Alvin Products Technical Service for specific recommendations.
1. One coat of Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings at 1.0 mil (25 microns) is suitable for use on all types of engine and automotive parts that come in contact with high temperatures.
2. For optimum protection apply two coats of Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings to a dry film thickness of 1.0 mil (25 microns) per coat. Total recommended dry film thickness is 2.0 mils (50 microns).
3. The number of coats of Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings needed depends upon service conditions of equipment.
Dry Time @ 70°F (21°C) 50% RH
Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings will air dry tack and thumb print free in 15 minutes and will dry hard in 8 to 12 hours. Allow 1 hour minimum dry time between coats at 70°F (21°C) and 1/2 hour minimum dry time between coats at 90°F (32°C). Coating has excellent recoat properties.
Store in cool, dry place with temperature between 50°F and 100° F (10°C and 38°C). Keep container closed when not in use.
WARNING: Flammable Liquid and Vapor
Keep away from heat, sparks and flame. Vapors may cause flash fire. Do not breathe vapors or spray mist. Avoid contact with eyes, skin and clothing. Use with adequate ventilation during mixing and application. Wear an appropriate, properly fitted organic vapor cartridge-type respirator (NIOSH approved) during and after application unless air monitoring demonstrates vapor/mist levels are below applicable limits. Follow respirator manufacturer’s directions for respirator use. Wash thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves, chemical safety goggles and impervious protective clothing. Use skin cream. In confined spaces it is required to use a positive pressure supplied-air respirator (NIOSH approved). Use explosion-proof lights and electrical equipment. Use only nonsparking tools and equipment. Wear conductive and nonsparking footwear. Make certain all electrical equipment is grounded. Observe all safety precautions and follow procedures described in OSHA regulations. See Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) for complete precautionary and disposal information.
If instructions and warnings cannot be strictly followed, do not use this product.
Alvin High Temperature Automotive Spray Paint series coatings are available in 12 oz. aerosol cans - 2 lb. (.9 kg).
The 12 oz. aerosol cans are available in a case of 12 - 12 lb. (6.4 kg).
Alvin Products, a division of Dampney Company, Inc, protective coating products are expressly warranted to meet applicable technical and quality specifications. The technical data contained herein are accurate at the date of issuance but are subject to change without prior notification. No warranty of current accuracy is hereby given or implied. User must contact Dampney to verify correctness before ordering. Dampney assumes no responsibility for coverage, performance or injuries resulting from handling or use and LIABILITY, IF ANY, SHALL BE LIMITED TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT. In no event will Dampney be responsible for consequential damages, except insofar as mandated by law. Dampney DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.